Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ten months old

every month just keeps getting better and better. things are getting so fun! evie has so much personality. daily i find myself laughing so hard i have tears rolling down my cheeks. we've had a few tumbles which stops my heart for a moment each time it happens. i'm pretty sure a million fairies have come in to existence because of evie's laugh...she's absolutely perfect and so full of joy.

• evie now weights around 16 lbs
• she's still a peanut and wearing size 2 diapers and 3-6 mo clothing (6-9 mo are still a bit big)
• evie can say "mama" "dadda" "nite nite" "uh-oh" (....& maybe "ball" not 100% sure)
• she started waving this month
• evie can play "catch" with us - she will "throw" the ball and wait for it to come back
• her favorite new babble word is "ya"
• evie tried grapes this month and LOVES them!
• she now has two bottom teeth with no sign of any others
• evie has learned how to play peek-a-boo while skyping on the computer with grandma & grandpa
• she does NOT like diaper changes or being forced to sit still for longer than 3 seconds
• evie is starting to stand on her own. we may have a walker before we know it...
• she hates getting her nose wiped and will shake her head back and forth when she sees you coming with a tissue
• evie is not a fan of wearing shoes or headbands
• she can even sign the words "more" & "all done"
• evie LOVES bathtime but HATES having to sit on her bottom




3 comments:

  1. 3-6 month clothing! What a little peanut! :) I love it. I loooove these updates - so fun to see what she's up to. You have to get video of her saying all her words! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 lbs.?!?!? She is so sweet Jess. And I know you're adopted, but I swear I can see your mom and dad in her. I can't wait to meet her someday.

    Love, Justina

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't know she was using words!!!! i want to hear her say "uh oh." or "auntie mel."

    ReplyDelete